Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bank robbery

I just drove through Forestville on my way home and noticed (it was hard not to) about two dozen police cars and the downtown being blocked off. I asked the policeman directing the traffic away what's going on, but he only told me to move on. Now I am home and learned that there has been a bank robbery about 40 minutes ago. Here is the Press Democrat's reportage as of right now:

Authorities are reporting a robbery at a Forestville bank on Thursday, apparently occurring over the lunch hour on Front Street.
The victim was Bank of the West, based on an address broadcast by sheriff's radio shortly before 1 p.m. Thursday.
One suspect was described as a light-skinned Latino man in his 40s wearing a mustache, a black stocking cap, a black coat and tie. A second suspect was described as a man in his 50s or early 60s with dark brown hair, a mustache and goatee and wearing a black beanie hat.
Additional details were not immediately available
I will post more when I know more.

1 comment: